This 22-sheet Excel file, based on Daniel Tonks' URC R50 Planner
, contains a complete System Layout for control of 9 components in my home theater system.
The design makes extensive use of visible and hidden devices, along with one-step macros to "copy" functions from hidden devices to visible devices, so they can be logically arranged on the visible LCD screens.
In addition, each of the 9 devices, along with 2 special devices (subsets of the AUDIO device), support Device Macros, which essentially transform the R50 from a Device Remote into a powerful, user-friendly Activity Remote. The Device Macros sheet was adapted from Daniel Tonks' URC MX-500 Planner
Finally, there is a Title Sheet, containing a bitmap photo of the R50 (from Daniel Tonks' R50 review
) and a Favorite Channel sheet, with 48 Dish Network channels arranged in 6 categories.
The embedded documentation and color coding should be enough to re-create this System Layout from scratch in an empty R50.
- Panasonic PV-8662 VCR (Light Tower Program Director)
- Sony DVP-NC85H DVD Player (RMT-D117A)
- Sony BDP-S570 Blu-ray Player (RMT-B107A)
- Onkyo TX-SR601 A/V Receiver (RC-590M)
- Samsung HP-S4253 42" Plasma TV (BN59-00511A)
- Dish VIP722 HD DVR Satellite Receiver (5.3 IR 148785)
- Seville Classics 10177 UltraSlimline Floor Fan (Fan Remote)
- X-10 IR543 Lighting Controller (None)
- HP Pavillion DV8205US 17" Laptop (396397-001)